Serenity Lavender is proud to host our 6th Annual Lavender Festival! This event was inspired by the beautiful aromas flavours and colours of lavender. Mother Nature was not kind to our beautiful lavender plants this winter, with the freeze thaw cycles we suffered significant crop loss and plant damage, but with every hardship comes opportunity. We took this opportunity to redesign our lavender gardens and to teach our customers how to assess plants for cold damage and how to prune plants.
This year the festival incorporates our recently opened hospitality facility and Bistro 42. We’re offering activities for adults and children alike.
For adults there is a Tai Chi demonstration, Yoga class, Alcohol Ink class, Lavender Wand demonstration, Cooking demonstration, Lavender tours, Artists and Artisan alley, live music all day long, and of course artisanal crafted lavender culinary, bath and body products made with our farm grown lavender
We’re ready to entertain your children with whimsical storytelling and readings from local children’s authors, musical interludes, exploration of the lavender labyrinth, chalk art area, the magical wishing tree and if they’re lucky they may even witness the dance of the butterflies.
Come join us for a “Scentscational Experience”
June 30th and July 1st
10 am – 5 pm
130 County Road 50 East Colchester
Food and beverages available for purchase throughout the day.
Reservations required for Bistro 42.
Treat yourself and your friends or loved ones to the pleasure of a Victorian Afternoon Tea. Serving hand made signature scones, delectable finger sandwiches and desserts on our finest antique china and linens. The beautiful harp music and surroundings will surely transport you to another place and time. Advance tickets only. Come for authentically memorable experience.
Tickets $37.95 per person (gratuity extra, click here to purchase), includes made-from-scratch scones, sandwiches, and desserts served with Serenity Lavender Farm’s specially blended teas. Wine by the glass available for purchase.
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
ADDITIONAL DATE ADDED: MAY 6
Spring has sprung as we look forward to the burst of wildflowers in our secret oasis. Come discover our 40 acre Carolinian forest with its beautiful display of wildflowers for you, our customers, to enjoy! You’ll be lead on a guided hike, treated to wine tasting, an outdoor camp style gourmet lunch, prepared by our Executive Chef, Steve Meehan while you learn about the beautiful wildflower species that inhabit our natural wonderland. We will hike rain or shine, please wear boots.
April 22 and May 5 sold out.
Tickets $38+HST available through Eventbrite. Click here to purchase.
Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable.
Spoil Mom with a delicious brunch at Bistro 42! Brunch will be served from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in our beautiful dining room overlooking the North 42 Degrees Estate Winery vineyards and the Serenity Lavender Farm gardens.
Reservations are required. Adults $29.95, children 10 and under pay age +$2.
Price does not include HST or gratuity. Call to book, 519-984-2684 or 519-738-6111.
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT – thank you to everyone for your enthusiastic interest!
Why have a beautiful hand made wreath just for Christmas, when we can welcome in Spring with an Easter Wreath too. Come learn how to make an adorable wreath for your door to celebrate spring! We’ll use decorative mesh and ribbon, and lots of Easter extras.
All materials provided. The class is $45.00 plus hst for a couple of fun, relaxing and creative hours… just… for… YOU!!
The class size is limited to 10 participants. Register at www.eventbrite.com/e/spring-wreath-workshop-tickets-43181274354
Sunday, March 25 at 2:00 p.m.
The pisanki derive from an ancient tradition when eggs, the symbol of life, were endowed with magical properties and were thought to ensure both a plentiful harvest and good health. Spend an afternoon by our firepalce learning this Eastern European tradition while creating beautiful pisanki for your Easter celebration.
$20 +hst includes all materials. Click here to register.
Winter is here! And alongside winter fun come the challenges of the season, including dry skin, chapped lips, and keeping your house feeling spring fresh. Here are a few tips and tricks for meeting winter’s challenges head on so you can enjoy beauty of the season.
- Improve Sleep: A good night’s sleep is important, and Lavender helps to naturally relax the body and mind to encourage a restful sleep:
- Linen Spray – lightly mist sheets and pillows with Serenity Lavender Farm Linen Spray. You can spray your sheets when you turn the bed down at night, or in the morning while making the bed.
- Sachet – Tuck a sachet under the pillow when you make your bed. Flip your pillow over as you go to bed for a gentle scent of lavender.
- Essential Oil – lightly dab Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil behind your ears or on the bottoms of your feet.
- Diffuser – Serenity Lavender Farm Lavender Diffuser will gently release its scent through natural reed diffuser sticks
- Treat your Feet: Feet can take a beating in the winter and should receive some extra TLC.
- Foot Bath – add a few drops of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil to a warm foot bath to relax and relieve stress.
- Foot Cream – mix a several drops of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil to Coconut Oil. Spread on dry, cracked feet then put on a pair of socks before going to bed.
- Nosebleeds: The dry air can irritate the skin in our nasal passages and nosebleeds can result. To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of Serenity Lavender Oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Place the wrapped ice against the base of the nose above the top lip and hold it there until the bleeding stops or as long as comfortable. Do not freeze your lip or gum.
- Relief for Eczema: Cold weather can exacerbate eczema and dermatitis. Add a few drops of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil to coconut oil and use topically.
- Spring Clean: Bring the fresh feel of spring into your home! Combine water with white vinegar and a few drops of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil to wash floors, mirrors, glass, and any hard surface. This DIY cleaner is environmentally friendly and child/pet safe. [Note: do not mix vinegar with chlorine products.]
- Cold Sore Relief: place a drop of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil on a cold sore for pain relief and to speed healing. Lavender is a natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. Try it on dry, cracked lips for fast relief.
- Freshen Bathrooms: place a drop or two of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil on the cardboard core of toilet paper when restocking the bathroom. Alternately, you can also spritz the inside of the roll with Serenity Lavender Farm Linen Spray. Each time paper is taken from the roll it will release the fresh scent of lavender.
- Cold/Sinus Relief: Lavender can bring quick relief from colds and sinus infections.
- Add a few drops of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil to boiling water and inhale the steam to open nasal passages, relieve coughing and throat irritation, and naturally aid in treating sinus infections.
- Rub a drop of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil near nasal passages, on the back of the neck, at the temple, and on the forehead—avoiding the eyes—for relief from sinus pressure and inflammation.
- Put a pinch of Serenity Lavender Farm Culinary Lavender in your tea, or brew a cup of one of Serenity Lavender Farm’s specialty teas to aid in sleeping and bring relief to irritated throats.
A little lavender goes a long way
to brighten your winter, naturally!
This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
A match made in heaven- zesty lemon and luscious lavender! We can’t get enough of these creamy fragrant white chocolate bites and with Valentine’s day a few weeks away what better occasion to make these rich white chocolate treats for the one you love.
Finely chopped pistachios for garnish, cake sparkles or powdered sugar
In the top portion of a double boiler, combine the whipping cream, butter, lavender, lemon zest and lemon juice. Over low heat bring the mixture to a simmer while stirring continually.
Remove the mixture from the stove and extract the lavender and lemon zest by passing the liquid through a fine sieve.
Add water to the bottom pot of the double boiler and heat. Add the chocolate into the warm mixture of whip cream . Stir until it is smooth and melted. Do not melt the chocolate over direct heat.
Once you have a smooth mixture with the chocolate, pour the ganache (cream & chocolate mixture) into a bowl and leave a room temperature for up to 5 hours. At this point, the ganache should be hard enough to hold whatever form you wish. Use a teaspoon or a small melon baller to place small heaps of the truffle mix onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in freezer for 15 minutes
Remove the ganache from the freezer, and quickly roll each heap between your hands to create small smooth balls, and place back onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Roll each ball in chopped pistachio nuts, cake sparkles or powdered sugar and finish with a bud of lavender atop each truffle. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Adapted from Adventures in Cooking;
photo from Photo from betsylife.com.
Sometimes it’s best to brainstorm when you are far away from all the hustle and bustle of the daily routine of home an work. Last year Serenity’s Lavender Festival exceeded all of our expectations. The turnout was amazing, the weather was picture perfect but we did not yet have our new hospitality centre and so with a new building smack dab in the centre of our parking and vendor area, with a full service restaurant open 7 days a week, a brainstorming session was in order. Over the next few months we’ll be rolling out the Festival activities. A sprinkle of new with old making this an even better festival for all ages!
Lavender is, of course still the star of the show and choosing a date can be a challenge not too early and not too late to miss the peak of bloom. And then there are all the other wonderful festivals in Windsor Essex to keep in mind. We’ve chosen June 30th and July 1st and we’re keeping our fingers crossed that mother nature is as kind to us as she was last year! So pencil that date into your calendars and we hope to see you for another Scentscational Experience!!!
WE ARE HIRING!!! Our sister company had a wonderful soft launch thanks to you our customers and now we are gearing up for ourregular hours and expanding our offerings. So start your New Year by joining our talented culinary team. We are hiring in all positions full time and part time including: line cooks, prep cooks, dishwashers, cleaners, front of house supervisors and waitstaff. Apply by sending a resume to email@example.com.
Renumeration commensurate with experience.
Come join our team!!!