8 Ways Lavender Can Beat Winter Woes
Winter is here! And alongside winter fun come the challenges of the season, including dry skin, chapped lips, and keeping your house feeling spring fresh. Here are a few tips and tricks for meeting winter’s challenges head on so you can enjoy beauty of the season.
- Improve Sleep: A good night’s sleep is important, and Lavender helps to naturally relax the body and mind to encourage a restful sleep:
- Linen Spray – lightly mist sheets and pillows with Serenity Lavender Farm Linen Spray. You can spray your sheets when you turn the bed down at night, or in the morning while making the bed.
- Sachet – Tuck a sachet under the pillow when you make your bed. Flip your pillow over as you go to bed for a gentle scent of lavender.
- Essential Oil – lightly dab Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil behind your ears or on the bottoms of your feet.
- Diffuser – Serenity Lavender Farm Lavender Diffuser will gently release its scent through natural reed diffuser sticks
- Treat your Feet: Feet can take a beating in the winter and should receive some extra TLC.
- Foot Bath – add a few drops of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil to a warm foot bath to relax and relieve stress.
- Foot Cream – mix a several drops of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil to Coconut Oil. Spread on dry, cracked feet then put on a pair of socks before going to bed.
- Nosebleeds: The dry air can irritate the skin in our nasal passages and nosebleeds can result. To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of Serenity Lavender Oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Place the wrapped ice against the base of the nose above the top lip and hold it there until the bleeding stops or as long as comfortable. Do not freeze your lip or gum.
- Relief for Eczema: Cold weather can exacerbate eczema and dermatitis. Add a few drops of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil to coconut oil and use topically.
- Spring Clean: Bring the fresh feel of spring into your home! Combine water with white vinegar and a few drops of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil to wash floors, mirrors, glass, and any hard surface. This DIY cleaner is environmentally friendly and child/pet safe. [Note: do not mix vinegar with chlorine products.]
- Cold Sore Relief: place a drop of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil on a cold sore for pain relief and to speed healing. Lavender is a natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. Try it on dry, cracked lips for fast relief.
- Freshen Bathrooms: place a drop or two of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil on the cardboard core of toilet paper when restocking the bathroom. Alternately, you can also spritz the inside of the roll with Serenity Lavender Farm Linen Spray. Each time paper is taken from the roll it will release the fresh scent of lavender.
- Cold/Sinus Relief: Lavender can bring quick relief from colds and sinus infections.
- Add a few drops of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil to boiling water and inhale the steam to open nasal passages, relieve coughing and throat irritation, and naturally aid in treating sinus infections.
- Rub a drop of Serenity Lavender Farm Essential Oil near nasal passages, on the back of the neck, at the temple, and on the forehead—avoiding the eyes—for relief from sinus pressure and inflammation.
- Put a pinch of Serenity Lavender Farm Culinary Lavender in your tea, or brew a cup of one of Serenity Lavender Farm’s specialty teas to aid in sleeping and bring relief to irritated throats.
A little lavender goes a long way
to brighten your winter, naturally!
This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Trackback from your site.